Monday, August 17, 2026
  • Login
Dejoy Media Online
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
    • Entrepreneurship
    • Religion
    • Education
    • Security
    • Story
    • Others
  • World
  • Royalties
  • Weird but True
  • My account
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
    • Entrepreneurship
    • Religion
    • Education
    • Security
    • Story
    • Others
  • World
  • Royalties
  • Weird but True
  • My account
No Result
View All Result
Dejoy Media Online
No Result
View All Result
Home Others

Court orders FG to account for $5bn recovered Abacha’s loot

Admin by Admin
July 10, 2023
in Others
A A
0
Court orders FG to account for $5bn recovered Abacha’s loot
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered the Federal Government to provide the details of how it spent about $5bn loot recovered from the late General Sani Abacha.

Justice James Omotosho gave the order last week while delivering judgment on a Freedom of Information suit marked, FHC/ABJ/CS/407/2020, filed by the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project.

People also readMust read

OYO STATE GOVERNMENT REAFFIRMS COMMITMENT TO WORKERS’ WELFARE, CLARIFIES ISSUES ON THE CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEME AND SALARY DEDUCTIONS

THAT SAMONDA “CONSENSUS” COMEDY- Barr Akeem Agbaje. ‎

MY VISION FOR EDUCATION IN OYO STATE – Barr. Akeem Adedeji Agbaje.

BARR AKEEM AGBAJE, OTHERS COMMISSION “PBAT AGAIN 2027” CAMPAIGN EDIFICE IN IBADAN.

The judge said the govermnent must provide the details within seven days of the judgment.

The court, according to a statement on Sunday by SERAP, ordered the government of President Bola Tinubu to “disclose the exact amount of money stolen by Abacha from Nigeria, and the total amount of the Abacha loot recovered and all agreements signed on same by the governments of former presidents Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan and Buhari.”

The judge faulted the claim by the Ministry of Finance that it had no details of the spending of the Abacha loot.

Justice Omotosho ruled that SERAP’s application had merits and ordered the FG, through the Ministry of Finance, “to furnish SERAP with the full spending details of about $5bn Abacha loot within seven days of this judgment.”

According to SERAP, the court also ordered the Federal Government to “disclose details of the projects executed with the Abacha loot, locations of any such projects and the names of companies and contractors that carried or carrying out the projects since the return of democracy in 1999 till date.”

Justice Omotosho also ordered the government to “disclose details of specific roles played by the World Bank and other partners in the execution of any projects funded with Abacha loot under the governments of former presidents Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan and Buhari.”

Share56Tweet35Share14Send
Previous Post

SUBSIDY ON PMS REMOVAL: BEST POLICY DECISION ANY RESPONSIBLE GOVERNMENT WOULD EXECUTE.

Next Post

Presidency: I worked against Atiku, says Fayose

Admin

Admin

RelatedPosts

2027 OKE-OGUN SENATORIAL CONTEST: WORK TOWARDS A COMMON GOAL- Hon Adekunle
Others

OYO STATE GOVERNMENT REAFFIRMS COMMITMENT TO WORKERS’ WELFARE, CLARIFIES ISSUES ON THE CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEME AND SALARY DEDUCTIONS

by riyi
June 30, 2026
0

The Oyo State Government has noted the concerns expressed by some civil servants, particularly officers recruited in January 2025, regarding...

Read more
THAT SAMONDA “CONSENSUS” COMEDY- Barr Akeem Agbaje. ‎

THAT SAMONDA “CONSENSUS” COMEDY- Barr Akeem Agbaje. ‎

May 3, 2026
BARR. AKEEM AGBAJE: A CALM, HUMBLE AND FOCUSED PROMISE KEEPER AS OYO STATE GOVERNOR- 2027.       By AbdulRahman AbdulMojeed

MY VISION FOR EDUCATION IN OYO STATE – Barr. Akeem Adedeji Agbaje.

April 29, 2026
BARR AKEEM AGBAJE, OTHERS COMMISSION “PBAT AGAIN 2027” CAMPAIGN EDIFICE IN IBADAN.

BARR AKEEM AGBAJE, OTHERS COMMISSION “PBAT AGAIN 2027” CAMPAIGN EDIFICE IN IBADAN.

April 27, 2026
OYO GOVERNORSHIP HOPEFUL-ADEGBOLA, OKERE, ABIMBOLA, OTHERS BAG IGLSA FELLOWSHIP AWARDS.

OYO GOVERNORSHIP HOPEFUL-ADEGBOLA, OKERE, ABIMBOLA, OTHERS BAG IGLSA FELLOWSHIP AWARDS.

April 15, 2026
Load More
Next Post
Presidency: I worked against Atiku, says Fayose

Presidency: I worked against Atiku, says Fayose

Please login to join discussion

Premium Content

Ondo Assembly Set to Discuss Deputy Governor’s Role Following Peace Meeting

Lucky Aiyedatiwa Sworn In as Ondo State Governor, Vows to Uphold Akeredolu’s Legacy

December 28, 2023
Ex-military leaders can’t be good democrats – Professor

Ex-military leaders can’t be good democrats – Professor

July 21, 2022
ISWAP behind attacks on Christians –FG

ISWAP behind attacks on Christians –FG

July 5, 2022
No Result
View All Result

CONTACT US

Publishers:

DEJOY MEDIA LIMITED  rc: 453792

 

Lagos Office:
GEM SUITE/DEJOY MEDIA LTD, 3RD Floor, Press House, 27, Acme Road, Agidingbi, Ogba-Ikeja, Lagos.

Ibadan Office:
Suite 27, PJ Square Complex, Beside NNPC Filling Station, Along Akala Expressway, Ayanla Ajanla, Ibadan.

Tel: 07016009534
08033049644
09041440392
07039755633

Mail: dejoymediaonline@gmail.com

© 2022 DEJOY MEDIA ONLINE. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
    • Sports
    • Fashion
    • Food
    • Health
    • Travel
    • Entrepreneurship
    • Religion
    • Education
    • Security
    • Story
    • Others
  • World
  • Royalties
  • Weird but True
  • My account

© 2022 DEJOY MEDIA ONLINE. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In